All Australians love a good holiday rort and the year 2025 presents an opportunity that your colleagues will want to jump on before anyone else can.
It doesn’t happen every year, but from time to time the planets (or the moon actually) align to create a golden opportunity to have an extended break whilst using minimal personal holiday leave.
In 2025, it will be possible to have a 10 day holiday whilst only using 3 days of annual leave. This situation has arisen due to the fact that the Easter holidays move each year dependent on the date of the Paschal Full Moon. The Paschal Full Moon is the first full moon that occurs after the spring equinox.
In Australia, Easter can move between late March and into April. In 2025, Easter occurs later in April, which brings it closer to the ANZAC Day holiday. ANZAC Day occurs on a fixed date every year (25 April).
Put Your Leave Form in Now!
It is typical that workers will jump to put their leave forms in early to take advantage of these extended breaks so the sooner you put your leave form in, the better.
Below is a break down of the 10 day holiday window:
- Friday, 18 April 2025 – Good Friday
- Saturday, 19 April 2025 – Easter Saturday / Weekend
- Sunday, 20 April 2025 – Easter Sunday / Weekend
- Monday, 21 April 2025 – Easter Monday
- Tuesday, 22 April 2025 – Use annual leave
- Wednesday, 23 April 2025 – Use annual leave
- Thursday, 24 April 2025 – Use annual leave
- Friday, 25 April 2025 – ANZAC Day
- Saturday, 26 April 2025 – Weekend
- Sunday, 27 April 2025 – Weekend